The Raven Players 2015 New Play Submission
The Raven Players is committed to producing at least one an original play every season. We will solicit new play submissions from February 1-28, 2015. From those submissions, the Raven Players New Play Reading committee will select three scripts for public readings. Our goal is to then select one of those plays for a fully staged production at the Raven Theater.
If you have questions, please contact Artistic Director Steven David Martin at email@example.com
Guidelines: (printable PDF)
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full-length, original, unpublished, and unproduced plays only (no musicals, translations, adaptations or children’s plays).
All submissions MUST be received electronically:
Submitted in PDF formats with observance to the following:
* Text in 12pt type and in a plain font such as Times New Roman.
* Script must include title and page numbers at the bottom of each page.
* Script must include title page and list of characters and settings.
In addition to an attachment of the script you will be asked to provide your resume, a brief synopsis of the play, a brief professional biography, a brief description of the play's workshop/reading history, and any special casting/technical requirements that the play presents.
The Raven Players New Play committee will select three-four plays for public readings as part of its ScripTease Series in September each year. One of these scripts may be selected for a full production at the Raven Players in Spring the following year.
The playwrights of the plays selected for the ScripTease readings will be notified by email and the selected play titles will be posted on the Raven Players website (ravenplayers.org)
The playwright for the play selected for inclusion in the Raven Players season will be awarded $500 for the right to stage the premiere production.
- Submissions not adhering to all guidelines will not be considered.
- Upon submission you will receive an email confirmation of its receipt within one week.
- Submission of a play acknowledges the Raven Players right to offer public readings of the play with no financial compensation to the playwright.
- The playwright of the selected play will be invited to join the company in rehearsal and be an active part of the process. The Raven Players, however, will not pay any travel expenses.
- The Raven Players will not supply any written critique of the submitted plays.